Friday, October 4, 2019

iOS Consultant

This project involves an iOS app that is currently in the app store. The app is a communication aid and speech therapy program named SentenceShaper (http://sentenceshaper.com). I am looking for someone who is very familiar with Swift and XCode. The ideal would be someone in the Lehigh Valley (Pa.) who would be able to sit down with me in person. In any case, I need someone who (1) is available during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the east coast of the US, and who is willing to keep me in the loop regarding the status of the work.

Here is a brief description:

1.) I recently updated to XCode 11. This creates many problems with the current app (images do not display, etc.), which may be due to incompatibilities with the older code, or perhaps to errors on my part such as pod update issues. So the first task is to get the existing app to run correctly, and to make sure that it still works on any iPad that can run iOS 10.3 or later.
2.) This may be related to changes in iOS. A Lite version that has not been changed since its release in May started crashing (according to App Store analytics) the week of Sept 15.
3.) Prior to this update, the current code resulted in some layout issues on 12.9” iPads (some controls are too small relative to the size of the screen). I would like to fix these issues now … in fact, I am hoping that resolving the XCode 11 incompatibilities **might** help to resolve these issues as well.
4.) I gather that XCode 11 may allow my iPad app to run on Macs. If this is in fact the case, given the specific functionality of my app, I would like help with this.
5.) The app has a bug in involving a tool to export materials created within the program to other iPads. Certain sound files are not being included in the zip file containing the export.

No comments:

Post a Comment